Creative Commons License

« Previous post | Home | Next post »

FRAUD ALERT: E-Z Checkcash

Check cashing schemes keep popping up. This from D. Hambrice, who is still on the trail of the check cashing frausters...

www.cashers1.biz, is a stolen and forged check ring with ties to Russia and are being sought aggressively by the FBI. Evidence of their damage may be seen on www.scam.com, www.ripoffreport.com and www.scamsafe.com in the name E-Z CheckCASH. They have also stolen the identity of a legitimate business in the SeaTac, WA area.

Category: FRAUD ALERTS
Posted on January 23, 2005 at 09:57 AM | Permalink

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference FRAUD ALERT: E-Z Checkcash:

Comments

I answered an ad on craigslist for a PA position. Within a week my first assignment was to cash a check and then to wire the funds to a orohange home. I got suspictios when this check actually arrived, the check for for $4500, just under the amount the bank will instantly cash. So here I am searching for check cashing schemes and in a world I never knew. I am going to keep contact and play the role further, to try and lure more information out of this Mr. Dan or William Loomis which ever he is. ( I dis not cash this check I got suspicios within the second email correspondance, some things just don't sound right!)

Posted by: Kay at Dec 5, 2009 6:40:16 AM

anyone know of anything concerning a company in london, uk called matchtech healthcare? they contacted me, looking for a what they call, u.s. rep. they say its legal here and they are trying to keep from losing money due to waiting periods on cashing international checks. ive found their website but still not sure if this is legit. can anyone help?

Posted by: af at Mar 19, 2009 4:32:43 PM

what should i do if i start receiving checks????

very concerned....seemed like a great way to make some extra cash...the company i signed with was G5 Healthcare...Carola Edmond...

Posted by: abelino at Aug 23, 2007 7:01:34 PM

Beware, there seems to be a NEW check cashing scheme with a London address and using Monster.com to find there target(s). They are using the name: Carola Edmond and G5 Healthcare products. Monster.com has no idea who they are! They use the Monster.com
logo and show an Account ID - which Monster.
com does NOT recognize and they also use a phony User ID.

Posted by: Jerry at Aug 2, 2007 1:48:25 PM

Another gemstone scam is sweeping Canada and the world www.diamondinvestmentclub.com for more information and help on these pyramid scams and frauds www.crimebustersnow.com.

Posted by: David Thornton at Nov 21, 2005 6:36:01 PM

In May I responded to a job offered from MONSTER.com and now face a federal prison stay. I am devastated that by looking for work from a job site I was breaking the law and no body, not even monster is out there to protect the innocent. My life as I know it is over. Not that this is any excuse, but is there any way to get less jail time if I pay back all the money or offer house arrest or probation forever? Is there any way to reason with a federal prosecutor?

Posted by: E. G. at Nov 21, 2005 7:23:07 AM

I recieved some of these checks also, the company doesn't have my S.S. or bank account info but I have deposited the checks in the bank. I began to research and found it was a scam, so I haven't done anything else. I haven't withdrawn any of the money at this point, what should i do. Also, is anything I have done by recieving or depositing the checks illegal?

Posted by: Courtney at Jul 25, 2005 11:02:39 PM

So what can I do about this , am I stuck holding the bag, who`s responsible for these him or me. I need some answers to these questions , I have tried to contact the FBI and the SEC but they say they have no time for this. So who do you contact to get help,with this matter?I have contacted the local police in my town ,but they seem to be not much help here either. So I am stck here with not knowing what to do here.

Posted by: Beth Duvall at Jul 14, 2005 6:28:03 PM

I recently got some money grams from a person whom I talk to on yahoo messenger, he asked me to get them cashed for him, i`m a person who tries to help people out, but this didnt work so well.The money grams he sent me were suppose to be good , took them to a check cashing place , got them cashed and two weeks later found out they were no good so now I am stuck with coming up with $5000.00 dollars but in the mean time i western unioned them to an agent in cleveland , ohio, and they never picked them up, so they are coming back to me which is $3000.00, so now i have to pay back 2000.00 dollars back to this cashing place. I`m stuck holding the bag and he walks, now he wants to send more to me to get cashed here. He can send them but I`m not doing anything with them,I`m getting ahold of the attorney generals office and a lawyer probally too.

Posted by: Beth Duvall at Jul 14, 2005 6:20:04 PM

One of the ways to determine fraud is to ask for more information about job/opportunity. I find that many of these scams break down after only a little resistance by those being preyed upon.

If suspected scammer is running a 'payment service' and wants you to process 'payments' at a comission and keep records; then just ask then all kinds of record keeping questions. After all, if they want you to keep records, then you must know things about business. If they continue to explain, then they might be legitimate. However, if they get irritated, it is good sign that they are probably running a rip-off scam and want you to act as a conduit to launder money.

They also mention the theory of 'remittance via agents' and there is much scholarly literature on this. However, there must be a product or service somewhere in the picture for which payment is being processed. If this does not surface with company, then they are probably running some type of scam.

Remember, a company ought not be secretive about its products/services. If they are, then there is probably a hidden agenda. They may be taking funds out of unsuspecting accounts and tranferring the money to other locations via Western Union, offering 'commissions' all along the way.

It is in the best interest of any business to inform possible consumers about products/services. If a company is reluctant to share, it means that there may be no product at all. They may also be taking money from illegal activities and laundering it through a 'transfer network' such as Western Union, or Money Gram.

If you are curious about any program you have seen or any checks you have received, please contact me, and I will do the best I can to help you sort it out.

Sincerely,

J. Jones, esq.

Posted by: J. Jones at May 20, 2005 5:58:41 PM

I recently fell victim to the check cashing scam. I am not sure what was more devistating, the fact that people are out there ripping everybody off with these scams, or the lack of interest that the United States Secret Service had in helping me?
I was discgusted with the comments and the lack of investigation put into my situation. I am a Investigator in Phoenix, and I had more information from my own investigation in 1 week, then the USSS had all together. All they could tell me, is that there is nothing they could do.
I tracked one of the participants to Texas. I also found that one of the creators and members of the scam had been arrested in Texas, and was in police custody. I tracked their cellular services and internet to a global communications company in Hollywood California. ( Where all information for billing would be accessible, address,names,phone numbers, etc)
The Secret Service wasnt interested at all in my findings. They just repeated that it was a Nigerian Scam. and everybody that I probably tracked down, were just pawn's in their scam.
You follow enough pawns, you will find the Bishop, and eventually the King and Queen.
Plus, these scam artists were from Iraq, and not Nigeria. The scams are being conducted and illustrated right here in the USA and I am sorry to say, that americans are committing this Fraudulant act as well. It is no longer a Nigerian scam, we have allowed it to continue in the U.S. until it has spread like a disease and is out of control.
To all of our well paid, well trained and lazy Secret Service Agents, "Get off your ASS, and Get to WORK"!

Posted by: Coop at May 15, 2005 3:03:30 AM

Are you aware of a pyramid scheme from Canada using Columbian emeralds. A person is bragging of how they are selling these stones to a Texas jeweller. They intend to invade the U.S. with this illegal pyramid. The Canadian government is ignoring their operation in Canada and allowing them to spread worldwide. This pyramid is exactly the same structure as the infamous Women Empowering Women pyramid (dinner club etc.) that swept the U.S. and the world which was also started in Canada. Many of the people who escaped prosecution and publicity are now promoting this scam. Many Canadain police officers and governent officials were involved in the last scam and are now involved in this latest scheme using Columbian emeralds.

Check out the American Webste www.factnet.org under corporations. A group of citizens is attempting to expose this fraud and prevent it from spreading to the U.S and the world. The company is Treasure Traders International founder is Allan Kippax with a criminal record of drugs, weapons and assault.

Please inform your Attorney General. He is familiar with the "Women Empowing Women" pyramid. You might inform your jewellers and your news media also in an effort to stay ahead of these fraud artists.

A Very Concerned Canadian Citizen

dave

FYI it was reported in a t.v. news report that the millions of dollars in proceeds from "knock off goods," (handbags etc.,) being brought into the port of Vancouver B.C. Canada has been tied to organized crime funding terrorism.

I would be interested to know your feelings in these matters.

Posted by: David Thornton at Apr 25, 2005 9:32:08 PM

I hope U had sent that check back for your own good....

Posted by: NIKKIA at Feb 22, 2005 10:27:32 PM

I have found this site and they have sent me a check for 45000 what should i do?

Posted by: jj at Jan 27, 2005 4:03:47 PM